Here’s a quick and easy tutorial that will have your holiday card customized and created, printed, and shipped out in just 1 day. Plus, you’ll save A LOT of money, too! Win win! For those of you who wait till the last minute, you’re welcome.
Step 1: Create card in Canva
- Register for an account at www.Canva.com if you don’t have one already, it’s FREE!
- Start a new project using custom dimensions: 1500px x 2100px for portrait or 2100px x 1500px for landscape. DO NOT use their template for a 5 x 7 holiday card. The resolution will not be high enough to print.
- Choose a template from left tool bar, you can search for “Holiday Card” to narrow down the results.
- Customize to fit your needs!
- Title the project then download it as a png
Step 2: Print your creation
Option 1: Print them at home
- Print 2 to a page on glossy photo paper, cardstock, or whatever type of paper is best for your card.
- Use a paper cutter to cut each card out. If you don’t have a paper cutter, go to your local FedEx Office and use theirs!
- Purchase 5 x 7 envelopes (if you go to FedEx, they will likely have some there).
- Stuff, address and stamp your envelopes, and mail them out!
Option 2: Send them to be printed to Walgreens or Walmart for same day pickup
- Click here to start creating a custom photo card from Walgreens. *Through 12.8 at 11:59pm CT you can receive 60% off your Walgreens photo order (Use codes: JOYFULCARDS or EARLYCARD60) AND get free return address printed on your envelopes (Use code: RETURN2ME). Click here to view Walgreens printing deals.
- Or click here to start creating a custom photo card from Walmart. Walmart also usually has deals going on that you can check out here.
- Once you choose who will print your card, you’ll use their system to upload your design, select your options, and place your order. Be sure to select “same day pickup”.
- Pick up your cards, stuff, address and stamp your envelopes, and mail them out!
12 Days of Christmas Survival Tips!
Be sure to follow along with our 12 Days of Christmas over on our Facebook page. If you like, comment, share, any of our posts, you’ll be entered to win a prize!